Port towboat Stormprincess

The port towboat Stormprincess is a classic, built in 1908 for Bogser AB Stormking at Wilhelmbergs Mekaniska Verkstad in Gothenburg. During the first half of the 20th century barges were a vital means of transport in the port’s activities: the main energy source at the time was coal, and the coal was transported on the Gothenburg barges, which in turn were towed by the port towboats. In the 1950s the Stormprincess was modernised and her steam engine replaced with a more reliable hot bulb engine. From her initial delivery, Stormprincess remained in service with her original owner up until 1982, and today she is a culturally listed boat.