Lightship no. 29 Fladen
Lightship no. 29, the Fladen, was built in 1915 at the Bergsund shipyard in Stockholm. Owing to the First World War, however, she was not stationed at Öland sandbank until 1919. In 1959 the lightship was moved to Hävringe and in 1966 to Fladen, where she was given her current name. In 1969 she was replaced by a built lighthouse.
Lightship no. 29 has been modernised twice, in 1927 and 1959. The crew comprised eight men when the lightship was on station. The period of service on board was four to six weeks.
Right now, the lightship is undergoing extensive renovation. Therefore she is unavailable for visits at the moment.